How to Choose the Best Home Remedies for Acne Overnight
Acne is a common skin condition in the world. Most people are looking for the best ways to deal with the disease. Everyone wants clear skin. There are many ways one can use to deal with acne. The internet gives out many options on how to deal with this disease. However, some methods tend to be expensive. Some have side effects such as irritation. Mostly such cases occur when one uses the conventional treatments. Due to that, most people prefer the use of natural home remedies for acne . For those with such interests, this article will give you clear steps on how to create various home remedies for acne.
There are many ways to cure acne. Below are some of the simple things that you can consider to help cure acnes.
Aloe Vera for skin
For many years, Aloe Vera leaves tend to be suitable for skin treatment. The leaves produce a gel, which works well on the skin. The gel is often used together with creams, lotions, soaps and ointments. Apart from treating acne, thegel also treats burns and heals wounds.
Salicylic and sulphur components in aloe Vera are suitable for acne removal on the skin. Research shows that the two reduce acne infection. Below is a procedure on how to create and apply aloe Vera on skin.
- Obtain the gel from aloe leaves. Use a spoon to do so
- Apply the gel on a clear skin directly. Apply it overnight. Do not rinse it off.
- Consider carrying out the procedure two times a day.
However, those who cannot access the aloe plant can still purchase one. Aloe Vera gel is available in most shops. Go in for pure aloe Vera with no added components, as it is the best. Try this out and watch your skin transform.back to menu ↑
Use of green tea
With the many antioxidants, it contains, drinking of green tea promotes good health. Furthermore, green tea helps to eliminate acne when you apply it directly to the skin. It is a home remedies for acne. Antioxidants such as epigallocatechin 3-gallate reduce sebum production and prevent the growth of acne.
Creams and lotions that contain green tea are available in most shops. Nevertheless, I highly recommend you to come up with your remedy.It is easy and cheaper compared to buying the cream.
- Put the green tea leaves in boiling water. Allow it to cook for three to four minutes.
- Give the mixture time to cool
- Use a piece of cotton to put it on to your skin. You can also use a spray bottle. Pour the mixture into thecontainer. Spray on your skin.
- Let it dry.
- Rinse with clean water
- Use a very clean towel to dry your skin.
Do not dispose of the remaining green tea leaves. Instead; mix them with honey to create a mask. Apply the mask to your face. Leave it to stay overnight. Remove the mask and thoroughly rinse your face with clean water.back to menu ↑
Cinnamon and honey mask
Honey and cinnamon produce antioxidants, which are more effective at acne prevention. Antioxidants are vital in the prevention of acne. The antioxidants include sodium ascorbic, vitamin B3and linoleic fatty acid although they are not available in honey and cinnamon. That should not be an issue as the two have other antioxidants.
Another good thing is that the two have antibacterial elements. Use of honey and cinnamon reduces inflammation and helps fight bacteria. One crucial factor you must note is that honey and cinnamon prevents but does not cure acne.
- With two tablespoons honey and one tablespoon, mix them to obtain a paste.
- Apply it on a clean face
- Wait for about 10-15 minutes
- Rinse your face using clean water
- Dry by use of a clean towel
Use of apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is the unfiltered juice from apples, which has undergone fermentation. It can fight bacteria. Apple cider vinegar has various organic cells that can kill acne cells.
Use of apple cider vinegar is also a home remedies for acne scars.It has succinic acid that suppresses inflammation hence prevents scars. The lactic acid in the apple cider prevents acne scars. Furthermore, apple cider dries up the oil that leads to acne formation.
- Mix one tablespoon of apple cider to one cup of water. For those with sensitive skin, add plenty of water
- Use a cotton ball to put some mixture to a clean face, avoid the areas close to the eyes.
- Leave it to stay for about five to twenty minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly with clean, warm water
- Dry your face
- Repeat the procedure one to two times a day
Note that apple cider vinegar can cause skin irritation. Use more water to dilute it .consider using little amounts of apple cider.back to menu ↑
Tea tree oil to treat spots
Tea tree oil is one the greatest home remedy for acne scars.It is oil from Melaleuca alternifolia leaves. The oil fights bacteria and prevents inflammation. Research shows that when you apply tea tree oil to your skin, it prevents acne.
However, tea tree oil works slowly compared to the other remedies.It also has few effects such as irritation; burning and dryness. To reduce such cases, dilute tea tree oil before you apply it to the skin.
- Mix one-tablespoon tea oil to a glass of water. Use more water.
- Use a cotton ball to apply the mixture. Apply to the affected areas.
- Moisturize your face
- Consider doing the process one to two times a day.
This is the simplest method. Lemon juice is one of the cheapest ways to use. It removes dead skin, clogs pores, and dries out acne.
- Extract the lemon juice.
- Mix the juice with rose water or honey. It speeds up the results. Mixing it with rose water makes it less acidic. However, for those with less sensitive skins, you can also use plain lemon juice, apply it to the affected areas. You can use a cotton swab to do this.
- Leave it to settle on the skin for about 20 minutes. It allows the skin to absorb it. If you use plain lemon, leave it overnight.
- Use clean, cool water to rinse your face
- Dry by use of a clean towel
- For faster results, repeat the procedure two times a day.
Yoghurt is one of the dairy products that are very useful for your skin.It is an excellent remedy to prevent acne, sunburns and many more other skin infections. It has natural antifungal and antibacterial components which prevent the occurrence of acne. This is the home remedies for acne. It also reduces irritation
- Apply the yoghurt to the affected areas. Make sure your hands are clean.
- Leave if for thirty minutes
- Rinse it off with cold water
- Pat dry
Use of baking soda
Baking soda helps reduce acne and inflammation on the skin. However, health professions do not recommend the use of baking soda.it is because baking soda irritates the skin .it also gets rid of some protective oils.do not use this remedy daily. Also, use little amounts.
There are different ways on how to use baking soda for acne
- Take two tablespoons of baking soda and add to your facial wash.
- Apply it to a clean face.
- Rinse off carefullyusing some warm water.
- Ensure you mix two tablespoons of baking soda with a facial cleanser.
- Add alittle amount of warm water to come up with a paste.
- Use the paste on the parts affected.
- Leave it to stay for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Use clean and warm water to rinse.
- Use two tablespoons of baking soda and mix it with facial cleanser.
- Add a little amount of warm water to come up with a paste.
- Use the paste on the affected areas.
- Rinse well after applying.
- Dry using a clean towel.
To ensure that your skin doesn’t dry, use the moisturizer right away after using the baking soda.
Use a fresh packet of baking soda. A packet that is used contains more contaminants that might be harmful to your skin.
Toothpaste contains specific properties that dry out acne. Unlike other methods, this one is effective. Also, dermatologists do not advise you to use toothpaste because it can bring about skin irritation.
- Using a cotton ball, apply little toothpaste on the area with problem.
- Leave it to dry overnight.
- Thoroughly rinse by use of cold water.
- Dry and apply moisturizer.
Toothpaste has a drying effect hence, can cause burns to the skin. Therefore, apply a moisturizer on your skin immediately after its use.back to menu ↑
Use of witch hazel
Witch hazel is a product extracted from barks and leaves of a witch hazel shrub commonly found in North America. It has tannins that offer strong antibacterial properties. In most cases, witch hazel is used to treat various diseases. Such as burns and acne. Witch hazel is a significant home remedy for acne on the face. Studies show that witch hazel can fight bacteria when applied. It also reduces inflammation. Nevertheless, there is no evidence that witch hazel is made explicitly for acne treatment.
- Put one tablespoon of witch hazel bark with one cup of water in a small pan.
- Soak for thirty minutes then boil.
- Reduce heat.
- Give the mixture some time to simmer while covered for about ten minutes.
- Remove from heat and let it cook for another ten minutes.
- Sieve the mixture.
- Store the solution in a container and seal it.
- Wash the affected area.
- Apply the solution by use of a cotton swab.
- For faster results, use the mixture two times a day or more.
Commercial witch hazel is not the best as it lacks tannins. The tannins are lost during the distillation process. I, therefore, recommend you come up with your witch hazel solution.back to menu ↑
Oatmeal is an effective treatment and remedy for baby acne.It helps lower cholesterol in the body. Oatmeal contains anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that reduce itchiness and prevent skin from drying. The best thing about this remedy is that it absorbs oil from the skin hence, prevents acne formation.
- Blend half a cup of oatmeal into powder.
- For babies, add the powder to warm bathing water.
- Let the baby soak for eight to ten minutes.
- Dry the baby.
Create an acne mask. Make sure the mask has no other additives.
- Cook a third cup oatmeal
- Then allow it to cool
- Add a cup of lukewarm water.
- Apply to the affected areas.
- Leave it for ten to fifteen minutes.
- Thoroughly rinse with cold water.
Oatmeal with honey
Use oatmeal with the honey mask to create a facial mask. It stands out as an excellent home remedy for acne on the face.
- Cook alittle amount of oatmeal
- Add two to three tablespoons of honey.
- Allow it to cool.
- Apply it to a clean face.
- Leave it to sit for ten to fifteen minutes.
- Rinse with cold water.
Oatmeal facial mask
- Crush two tablespoons of oatmeal.
- Add one tablespoon of baking soda.
- Add water to form a paste.
- Always apply it on a dry and clean face.
- Let it sit for ten minutes.
- Rinse with cold water.
You May Like Also>>>back to menu ↑
Acne is a skin disease that one can get rid ofquickly. There are different methods above. Choose one among them and try it out. Make sure you choose a remedy that you will acquire all the required ingredients. Do not skip or assume any step, as they are vital. If a method does not work out well, try the other methods. Never give up. If possible, you can give the different ways a try. However, those with complex acne situations should visit the dermatologist. The above home remedies work well on those with minor conditions. Minor acne situations may be due to change in diet, stress and many more others. Try out the above home remedies for acne and get clear skin.